5 Tips for Buying Car Insurance Online
You can purchase a policy in-person through an insurance agent who is a licensed individual who sells policies on behalf of one or more insurance companies or you can buy directly from an insurer via Web site or telephone. If you decide to go with the second option, we recommend you to compare auto insurance rates using free quotes. Also, check our list with 5 tips for buying car insurance online.
- Always be prepared with the right info. Make sure you are prepared with all of the information you need to get an accurate quote. You will need to know your car’s make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN), the zip code of where you park the car at night and any aftermarket safety or anti-theft accessories installed on the car. Get the license numbers of every driver to be insured under the policy, as well as the date when they were first licensed, and obtain a copy of your driving record. Get an updated credit score as well.
- Visit your state’s Insurance Department website. Auto insurance is regulated on a state-by-state basis, and your state’s insurance department usually has a bunch of relevant information to your search in the consumer information section of its Web site. The website typically provides profiles of the different insurance companies licensed within the state, sample price comparisons charged by competing agencies to cover common vehicles, and consumer guides to auto insurance. Many insurance departments also provide complaint indexes.
- Use as many sources as possible. Try logging on to an auto insurance aggregator Web sites, where visitors submit information about their car and driving history in exchange for an array of quotes from different insurance companies. Typically, many of the quotes come via follow-up e-mails and phone calls from insurance agents.
- Be honest. If you want accurate quotes about your car, use the right data and provide real info about you and your car. Lying is not an option, even if you think this will provide better rates.
- Carefully select your policies. Make sure to get a coverage that protects at least the value of your car and it meets the minimum state’s requirements.
Check our webpage for more info and free quotes. Check our Website!